Monday, April 19, 2010

Limpken Videos...

Today I am taking the easy route and posting videos from Florida. All were taken the same day at Viera wetlands and show the Limpken bathing and squawking. The videos are all short and last 9, 27 and 26 seconds. When I shoot videos I try to keep them below 45 seconds to keep the file size below 100 meg so they can be uploaded to blogger. I eventually hope to get a video editing program so I may take the short clips and put them together to make decent short films. But for now this is what you get. In all three videos there is a back ground sound that I could not determine, after talking with a friend about it we think I had the VR turned on in the lens creating the sound. Time to experiment a little and see if that was the source.

1 comment:

Willard said...

Good clips, Brad. That is likely the VR. Canons will record the IS on there L lenses, even the XL-H1 will, but the IS on it's normal lens is so quiet that it will not record it. When using a fluid-head (video tripod) I almost always have the IS turned off to shoot video. Also sometimes I hook up a shotgun mike with a long length of cable and get the mike well away from the camera. This is what I do when filming turkeys from a blind. While it is made to use with a dedicated video camera, it does seem to work well with the 7D although one does not have control over the gain and cannot control the background noise as well, but this can be addressed in post production. I usually use sound recorded at another time under ideal conditions as a sound bed for my videos, but of course this doesn't work for a case like these, or elk bugling or turkeys gobbling although I have matched up bugling from other animals, etc. when in situations like the Gilbert Viewing Area.