Wednesday, November 16, 2011

SNP Blue Birds...


For those of you counting this is three days in a row, maybe I am onto something here.  While in SNP there is many more things to photograph than whitetails.  The sunrise and sunsets are beautiful, there is turkeys and bears although I didn't see any this trip, there is coyotes that I seen twice but never got a shot and of course I always see the raccoons early morning in the headlights without a shot and there is many other animals.  But this time I got lucky with some birds.  These blue birds were taken different days in mid morning sun, both were shot at 600mm from the tripod and cropped in for the image.  I have never claimed to be a bird photographer or any other type of photographer actually but I love the beauty of the blue bird.  These are my best shots to date.  I did photograph one other type of bird while I was there and that was a juvenile red shoulder hawk.  Those photographs are for another post or two as I enjoyed a good 15 minutes with it.

4 comments:

Sparky said...

This is great three days in a row. I enjoy look at your pictures. You do a great job. The bird shots are nice. Just think of all the time for this site and wildlife trips when you retire....

Woody said...

Great photos as always Brad. I need to stop up for a visit soon. Hope you have been well and I have added some new photos to my blog..

Peggy said...

Fantastic shots of the blue bird! You will become a birder Brad....I did and never thought I would. Come on, admit it, you saw a beauty and a challenge...(Come into the light Carol Ann)

Willard said...

Exceptional images!