Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Young Bull And Old Bull...


These bulls were photographed the same day in the same reclaimed area. The first bull is a young one maybe three or four years old. He is not ready to compete with the older bull for the cows during the rut. If he is not taken in the hunt in a few years I will get the chance to photograph him bugling and competing for the cows. When I look at the second photograph of this bull with his head back bugling it makes me want to jump in the truck and head north. Being close to a bull and seeing him do this with the fantastic sound coming from him is just one of the sweetest things there is.

These like many of my photos from this trip look dull to me and just don't seem to have the pop. I do not know if it was my post processing or the way a recorded to photo. It may be some of both or it may be because the weather was just not that good when I was there. The lighting was flat most of the time and just did not lend itself to good photography.

2 comments:

bobshank said...

Brad, I found the same exact problem with many of my photos from this trip. The light was just plain flat and unimpressive I guess. The colors were not has abundant as they were last year either. I do love that second photo here though. It makes me want to head north, too!

Peggy said...

We are our own worst critics, and from what I can see, you have great clean crisp photos here Brad!Well done!