Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crested Caracara, Adult And Juvenile...


A few weeks ago I posted a photograph of a Juvenile Crested Caracara taken at Viera wetlands in Florida this past March. I mentioned then that you would be seeing more of him and here he is. At one point the adult landed on the same fence post but I was not quick enough to get a photo from the front. Of course that is the story of my life, plenty of tail photos and animals fleeing my camera. Note the leg bands and the difference in colors between the two. The head of the adult has much more color also, but you will just have to take my word on it.

It is Tuesday already so please visit Shane's blog for a new post.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

What an incredible bird! I've only gotten some distant shots but wish for a closer encounter one day! Well done!