Friday, March 26, 2010

Flying Anhinga...


I decided not to skip any post this week, so I will end the week with another flying bird. This is an Anhinga, I am not an expert but I believe this is the female. Last year I was lucky enough to capture one trying to get a large fish down that small neck. No such luck this year but it was still a very productive trip.

Tomorrow is my wife Linda's birthday, I will not say how old she is and get myself in trouble. She still looks 20 to me. Happy birthday Linda, I love you.

11 comments:

Coy said...

Don't you just love those Florida birds! More shooting in a couple of hours than you can get in a week most places here in Pa.

The ibis shots are impressively sharp and this is a good one too, eye not quite as sharp as the ibis shots but an excellent capture. Your new lens certainly does a great job!

HANNIBAL said...

ANOTHER KEEPER! Keep them comin!

Abraham said...

The birds are excellent pictures. You must have an impressive lens.

Adrienne in Ohio said...

Excellent photo of the anhinga. I love watching them dry their wings after they've been in the water.

Snap said...

lovely shot

A Garden of Threads said...

great shot, stopped in flight:)

Jane said...

The Cormorants distant cousin, awesome flight shot Brad:)

Michael said...

Well done. I have a hard job getting shots when they are swimming so in flight seems like magic to me.

Lew said...

Great shots of the birds! I am looking forward to seeing more of them.

Phil said...

Great shots Bradley. Love the Ibis and the Anhinga. Never easy to get flight shots.

Willard said...

Hi Brad,
A shot to be proud of for sure as are the photos of the Ibis. You are getting excellent action shots.