Friday, December 2, 2011

The Danger Appears...



Continuing on my last post after looking for the danger the whitetails made us aware of for almost one and a half hours Shane spotted a Coyote in the meadow.  He was about 50 yards from the deer when we spotted him and feeding on the blueberries.  He never approached the deer any closer after we seen him but he did stay in the area long enough to allow us to get a few photographs.  The whitetails remained in the meadow feeding and were never ran off by him.  This coyote would never take down a healthy adult whitetail but I am sure they remember him feeding on the fawns earlier in the summer and remained on high alert.

5 comments:

Sparky said...

I was thinking bear, yesterday. Great shoots of the coyote. Have a great weekend Brad.

Brad Myers said...

I was hoping for a bear, but I will take what I got.

You have a great weekend also and thanks for stopping by. If it wasn't for you this site would be all alone.

Willard said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog, Brad. I'll try to visit more often once this deer season circus is over and I am not spending so much time watching for road hunters. Shenandoah is beautiful at any time of year, but especially so on the summer mornings and you got a lot of good photos.

The coyote really gave some excellent opportunities. I actually thought he had killed a fawn when I first saw him and was amazed when we got closer and saw he was eating blueberries.

Anonymous said...

Brad, these are great photos of the coyote. I love them! I am glad you are posting entries on your blog again. I really enjoy seeing your photographs and hearing your stories. Keep them coming!

Peggy said...

Super sharp images of the coyote! Excelent colors and detail!