Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's Friday!!

Okay maybe not for you but for me it's Friday, and not just Friday. After this shift I go on a 15 day break followed by going into work very little over the next three months. Even better yet I will only work one more week day daylight until September. Oh what a beautiful morning. I love summer time and everything about it.

I guess I should say something about the photograph. I photographed this German at the Army Heritage Center in Carlisle on Armed Forces Day last month. It was close to the end of the day, no one was around him and I was shooting in close. He stops me and asked to see the LCD display on the back of my Nikon, after looking at it he replies I am a beautiful German take more photos of me, so I did. The interesting part about the finished product was I posted this on a photography site and the one person replied about how good the quality of light was. In reality it sucked it was a bright day blowing out all the back grounds. I just happened to follow an article I read in Photoshop User magazine in processing this image and it turned out pretty good.

Even being off life is busy, I have nothing ready for this site or my SFD history site after today, post could be hit or miss. I will try and prepare post for them but I can guarantee nothing. Since no one participates on the other site I will make this one a priority and allow the other one to sit idle if necessary.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if you are off the summer you should have all the time in the world to sit around the house and drink beer and work on imagines. I'm old school wine and pictures.
Great Job Brad

Brian Bastinelli said...

This is a realy cool image.

Your processing is getting much better young Luke. Follow the force...

Now about these days off....take me with you! I know my days are coming soon but it seems so far away!!!!!

-Obi Wan

Woody said...

Nice Image Brad...

Willard said...

Good image! I hope you enjoy the days off!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information on my Mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah well I'm off in the IOD ward....listening to stories of near death experiences and stuff, so there, plus I got good precription drugs....ha Skinn

Brad Myers said...

Skinn, I will give you a call this week, I seen you were off last week our first night but never heard why. If not we will talk over beer at the local meeting Thursday.